Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Strawberry Soup


It is hot here in Texas. Really, really hot. Like triple-digit heat hot. Now, admittedly that is not unusual for Texas, but it is still mid-June. That is hot, my friends!

What better on a hot day to start dinner with a little strawberry soup? This cool, delicious dish perks the palate right up.



I got this recipe from the Quick Cooking 1999 Annual Recipe book, page 64. Or you can go straight to their website and get it there! I used the old-school Starwberry Soup recipe (uses sugar), but I noticed on the website there is a lighter, healthier stawberry soup recipe I will try next.

We ate the soup while we waited for the last of the meatball pot pies to cool down.


Yes, we are nearing the last of the freezer-ready meals I made in May. They lasted even longer than I had planned. I have a list of new things to try. I think this weekend will be a cooking weekend.

3 comments:

Patty said...

Ooooh! That strawberry soup sounds yummy and looks yummy! I need to try that one.

Unknown said...

It IS yummy! And so perfect for hot day!

Sweetums5 said...

Stopping by from Sunday Snippets. This sounds so good. Will try it one of these days. Thanks for sharing!