Now, back to the question -
You know you are going to be stranded on a desert island - with five books! What books do you take? And let's just say that if you want the Bible, it will already be there! So, don't count that one.
I think I would have to have:
- Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen (I read through this one several times a year)
- Gaudy Night, by Dorothy Sayers
- The Two Towers, by JRR Tolkien (although I would break down and buy a all-3-in-1 set of Lord of the Rings, and slip them all in there)
4. the Catechism of the Catholic Chuch (that would keep me busy for a while!)
5. I Don't Know How She Does It, by Allison Pearson - makes me laugh and cry and is fluffy enough for me to float away from my cares!
Okay - that will have to do, although I cannot stand the thought of leaving so many good reads behind!
What do you have on your list?