Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Desert Island Question

Okay - so you are going to be stranded on a desert island. Why? I don't know! Make up your own story, and just be glad you have some warning! And where? Any island you want to imagine, as long as you are alone!

Now, back to the question -

You  know you are going to be stranded on a desert island - with five books! What books do you take? And let's just say that if you want the Bible, it will already be there! So, don't count that one.

I think I would have to have:

  1. Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen (I read through this one several times a year)
  2. Gaudy Night, by Dorothy Sayers 
  3. The Two Towers, by JRR Tolkien (although I would break down and buy a all-3-in-1 set of Lord of the Rings, and slip them all in there)
ooooh - only 5? This is hard...

     4. the Catechism of the Catholic Chuch (that would keep me busy for a while!)
     5. I Don't Know How She Does It, by Allison Pearson - makes me laugh and cry and is fluffy enough for me to float away from my cares!

Okay - that will have to do, although I cannot stand the thought of leaving so many good reads behind!

What do you have on your list?

2 comments:

Henry Cate said...

Please consider submitting something about homeschooling to the Carnival of Homeschooling. For example, your post about why you homeschool would help others.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Henry! I was just looking at the Carnival yesterday. I will do so!