Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Bless Your Beautiful Hide


I can't help it! Every time I make pancakes for dinner for my brood of men, I seem to channel Seven Brides for Seven Brothers!  Though, I just can't seem to manage it in that beautiful bass voice Howard Keel managed in the movie!

Bless your beautiful hide, wherever you may be
We ain't met yet but I'm a-willing to bet
You're the gal for me.....

....Pretty and trim but not too slim
Heavenly eyes and just the right size
Simple and sweet, and sassy as can be!
Bless her beautiful hide
Yes, she's the gal for me!

Now I know I only have 5 men to cook for, not seven, but still. As fast as pancakes are to cook, my men can wolf 'em down even faster. I made 26 pancakes, and guess how many were left? NONE! Ditto that to the 12 slices of bacon (which the Mad Toddler did not eat, neither did Cookie Boy, our resident vegetarian).

All my manly men like Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.  When I get on to ArtGuy for...poor manners ( read: bodily noises), he likes to reply, "What do I need manners for? I already got me a wife!" (another great quote from the movie). 

Who says life doesn't imitate art?

2 comments:

Patty said...

Too funny! I got a good laugh from this post!

P.S. One of my favorite kitchen items...an electric griddle. I can pop out 9 pancakes at once. Received it as a Christmas gift last year. I recommend it to all moms.

Unknown said...

I had one, but lost the plug in the move. I really need to replace it, because we used it for all kinds of things!