Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Bad Day

We all have them. Bad days. Many blogs pretend they don't happen. This one doesn't

It has been one of those days. Days that are difficult to handle, for many reasons. A day that I would gladly hop a plane to anywhere and stay (alone) for a few weeks.

On a good day, there is nothing like homeschooling for making you feel awesome about life and dream of all your family can be. On the bad days, you can hang in there and dream of better times. On the really bad days, there is nothing like homeschooling to make you feel like a failure in life and make you aware you are the one personally responsible for all the therapy your children will need later in life.

Yes, it has been a really bad day.

I need:
  • a nanny
  • a chef
  • a housecleaner
  • playdates for kids
  • someone who will listen to me unconditionally and not judge me when I am upset, who will listen without demanding answers, who will know that listening is sometimes the answer
  • a long vacation

Must Remember:
  • headaches pass
  • bad times pass
  • I was once 12
  • 2 year olds grow up eventually
  • to call my best friend
Here is hoping tomorrow is a better day!

5 comments:

Patty said...

Hmmmm....sounds like a large, double hot fudge sundae run is in order! (Go without the kids!) LOL

mandd3 said...

You need a therapy jar. On the really bad days you drop some money in it so it won't cost you a fortune down the road when all your kids need a phsyciatrist. I always say I am fixing the things my parents did wrong but messing my kids up in new and glorious ways for them to sort through later. Here's hoping for a better tomorrow!

Patty said...

I've been thinking~

Bloggers use their blogs for different reasons...

To have a bad day is one thing, and a lot do write about it...how some express it in their writing is another thing.


What reader wants negativism to infiltrate their lives when they already have enough of it going on?

Some bloggers may have so much heavy stuff on their minds that this creative writing is an outlet and a way to focus on the POSITIVE
in their lives.

I'm speaking from personal experience on that one. Some people just want to keep the "bad" sacred and personal.

Hope your day today is better. Hang in there!

Unknown said...

Patty - what I said was not meant to be a judgment on anyone. All I was doing was talking about my bad day, and warning everyone I was going to do it.
Sorry to offend you.

Melissa said...

hang in there! I'll say a prayer for you right now!