Friday, June 4, 2010

Promises

Remember this little gem of a picture from earlier this week? And I promised that by the end of the week it would not look the same?
Well, drum roll please......
Do I hear the Hallelujah Chorus right now? I think so!

Oh yeah, baby!


Before......


...after!   Well, okay, we need to actually get curtain rods and not thumb tacks to hang the curtains with. Baby steps, people, baby steps!


Before.....eeeuuuuw!

 Well, it is a work in progress! Those two boxes on the left have remnants of this and that. ArtGuy and I are going through it.


My reading nook! I love it! On the walls to the left are prints of St. Francis and St. Clare we brought home from Assisi. On the wall to the right is a framed print of P. Buckley Moss, an artist we discovered on our honeymoon in the Shenendoah Valley. Someday, when I have time, I may actually read here!


Something has been bugging me lately. I am scattered and frazzled and rarely have time to comb my hair, much less pray. Yes, pray. I decided to use this small corner of my room for a prayer corner. A prie Dieus, if you will. I may not have a lot of time to kneel there, but even a few minutes help me get my day centered and off to the right start. You know, 'cause there is nothing like chanting a Chaplet of Divine Mercy while your two year old dumps out a box of 250 craft sticks on the floor. Yup, nothing more centering and relaxing than that....

2 comments:

GMN said...

You make me laugh out loud about the craft sticks and centering prayer. Isn't that the way it is? Well, more time for that later, I promise you! Good for you to stick with your plan to de clutter and make a prayer corner too. I am inspired!

Heather said...

Looking good, Christine. Keep up the good, hard work.