Saturday, June 26, 2010

Ah, Saturday

It is always nice to reach the end of the week.

Yesterday I went out to lunch with two long-time, dear friends. They have known me forever, through teen angst and life changes. We have been connected electronically, but have not been face-to-face in a while. I actually got a sitter for the boys (well, really the Mad Toddler), and skipped out the door to Mimi's - yuuuum! I felt crazy decadent, leaving the boys behind while I lunched out!

A couple of hours with friends, and I felt like a new woman.

So now we are at Saturday. The Mad Toddler has already had one time-out confrontation today. Whew - thank goodness ArtGuy was here this time! Although, the Mad Toddler was clearly trying to play us. He would yell at me, but he would be all sweet with ArtGuy. Again, the little boy did not want to put his bottom on his chair. It was another 30 minute tussle, but in the end, he sat!

Today I hope to finish the grocery list and continue to work on my projects. My goal now is to finish a book that was supposed to be a present for a niece almost ten years ago. I chickened out of giving it to her at the time. Now I am going to clean it up a bit and see what I can do with it.

Well, in between soccer games, that it! Go USA!

1 comment:

Patty said...

Yeah! I'm glad you had the chance to enjoy your private time. That is so very important in the life of a home schooling mom.