Saturday, August 7, 2010

Lego of my Robots



Whew! What in the HECK was I thinking to say, "Hey! Anyone want to form a First Lego League team? I'll be coach"????? I think I do stupid things when I have free time!

I am in so far over my head! I do not know the first thing about programming, designing, and building a robot. Nor do I even really build with legos. And science and research? Hah! There is a good reason I chose a college major with limited science and math!

Really, this is fun and exciting. I feel completely overwhelmed, though. There is so much to do, so much to learn, and that all makes it difficult to know how to lead a group of kids (boys, in our case - big surprise) through these tasks!

Luckily, we already have some people lined up to mentor and support (thanks, Kenneth and Lee!). Also, FLL does not expect too much for first-timers. They say to just try to complete the experience, not to worry about winning anything. Good thing!

So this year I am coaching a First Lego League team, learning chant, teaching two fall classes for coop, and determined to get a book published or under contract within the next 12 months!

Let's GO!

No comments: