Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fun with Cards

Playing cards is a popular pastime in my house.


The boys have really been into solitaire games. These are great! They help fill those, "I'm bored and don't know what to do" moments. They are challenging. They are entertaining. And there are so, so many variations!




Cookie Boy is playing "Superior Demon, a version of Canfield". Or so he tells me. Whatever.

Several years ago, I bought a book called Lucky 13:Solitaire Games for Kids

Even though the title says it is for kids, I use it all the time. There are many varieties of solitaire in the book - even a two-player version! The boys have learned a lot of new games, and can play many by memory now.

So much fun!

1 comment:

Patty said...

That book and a deck would make a great gift for some kiddo.