Saturday, September 4, 2010

Progress

Hard to believe it is September. But it is. So far, it has been a lovely weekend in North Central Texas - one of the nicest Labor Day weekends I can remember. Usually it is still so hot you can feel your skin blister up on the walk out to the driveway. But this weekend, while still very warm, is so pleasant compared to the 110 degrees of two weeks ago.

The Young Adult has been having a good run of it lately. 12 can be such a finicky age. And Lord knows we have butted heads a lot over the past year or more. Lately, though, you can see the sweet young man shine through. More than that even, at least to me, I can tell how hard he is trying. He tries to be thoughtful, he tries to be polite, he tries to make up when he does something wrong or just plain silly, he tries to be helpful, kind, and responsible. Even his homework and schoolwork bear the signs of his effort - the handwriting is such an improvement and the work that goes into things shows every effort he has been making.

I am so very proud of him. He has all the makings of a really amazing man in him.

My first baby - my guinea kid!

God bless him!

No comments: