If you did not know by now, I have four boys, ages 12, 10, 8, and 2. I also have a husband (which is code word for "bigger boy") and a male kitten (which means "baby boy"). I also have fish, but I will not hazard a guess at their gender. Knowing my luck, they are all boys. Every last one of them!
Having only boys, we get a lot of stupid questions and/or comments!
- Did you ever try for a girl? (Well, ma'am, you would have to ask my husband. He is in charge of gender selection. I only take what is given to me.)
- Are you sad you have all boys? (Only when I clean toilets or try to watch a girly movie. Wanna clear a room in my house? Try turning on "Hannah Montana: the Movie", or any movie with kissing.)
- Are you going to try for a girl? (Do you think I have had control up 'til now?)
- You almost have a basketball team! (ummmm....I guess?)
- You sure have your hands full! (Doesn't every mom?)
- I am the only woman they really know, for now. That is at times depressing, scary, or really amazing - it all depends on my mood.
- Creative punishments in public: if they misbehave in the store, they have to go bra shopping with me. Shuts 'em up every time.
- Creative punishments at home: Romeo was misbehaving one day. To punish him, I pinned him down, held his eyes open, and made him watch 5 minutes of Barbie: The Three Musketeers. I turned it on right as a song came on. Sah-weet!
- They have really cool toys!
- They are getting stronger than me, and can open all kinds of jars!
- They are not just brothers, but best friends (some times!)
- I am raising young men! How cool is that!
But then, that's what girl friends are for!