Thursday, May 12, 2011

Thursday Smursday

It is not even noon yet.


  • The Monkey (my new name for the Mad Toddler, since he outgrew his name) has been climbing on furniture all morning, liberally throwing out exasperated "whatevers" to me at regular intervals. You know, just to make me feel good.
  • I discovered that Romeo and Cookie Boy have not brushed their teeth with toothpaste for over a week.
  • I totally lost my temper over the whole Non-Toothpaste Brushing Sessions.
  • Another book is yet again rejected. They are all so nice in their rejections. Do they mean it? Or is it publisher code for "you stink, but since we are nice people we will soften the blow"?
  • I have already raided the forgotten Easter candy ArtGuy and I shoved in the Monkey's closet (or, as we refer to it, "the closet in the extra room", since the Monkey seems to be our permanent roommate)
  • I have already hit the Diet Dr. Pepper!
What does all this mean?

IT'S THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always know when it is Thursday, because everything goes south! All the energy I began the week with is gone, baby gone! My deepest desire is to crawl back into bed with a bowl of snacks and a good book.

But, in good news, ArtGuy finally scheduled a date for us tomorrow night! And no one is sick (yet) or injured (for now), we have a babysitter (at the moment), and somewhere for The Young Adult to go hang out (since he is 13 and the babysitter is a 14 year old friend).

Just gotta make through today.

Ironically, we are probably going to go see "Thor". (You know Thor - Thursday).

4 comments:

One_crazy_mom said...

We still have teeth brushing issues with A. Ever notice that her teeth are not nice and white???

Patty said...

I don't even make it to Thor! You are a stronger woman than I am. LOL

Unknown said...

So, did you end up going? I hope so, you deserve it!! NOt brushing their teeth - for a week? YUcky! Take a picture of it and hang it in their bathrooms!

Tim said...

Dear Christine, I work for The Maximus Group, a Catholic communications firm in the Atlanta area. We are working on an event in Plano that you may be interested in. Will you please email me at tlilley@maximusmg.com? Thank you! I hope to hear from you soon. God Bless, Tim Lilley, Director of Communications, The Maximus Group (www.maximusmg.com)