Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Party On

Oh yeah, those are chocolate-covered Peeps!


Did you know there are 40 days of Lent, but FIFTY (5-0) days of Easter?

Did you know we are called to feast during those 50 days? Not just to rejoice, but to feast, to celebrate in the flesh, to party on!

The Church takes holy days seriously!

So, my first thought is that this means I get to pig out on Easter candy for 50 days! But that is a bad, bad idea! If I did that, I would run into gluttony, and I am pretty sure that is not okay, even during perpetual feasting! So fine - I am putting away those cheap bags of 75% off Easter candy (knowing I have the self-control of a two year old).

As much as we fasted during Lent, so we should take seriously the call to perpetual feasting for the 50 days of Easter. Decorations, flowers, special meals, dinner parties, volunteering, family prayers of thanksgiving and praise - these can all be part of the great Easter feast. There are no set rules for the great Easter feast, but the call is clear:

Party on, my friends!

1 comment:

Patty said...

I have the makings for Resurrection rolls still waiting for the kids. Didn't have time Easter morning, but we can still feast on them!