Friday, January 14, 2011

Random Thoughts

1. Today is Friday, which is good and bad. A five-hour lego meeting today means it is a long and difficult day that almost guarantees me a headache at the end. On the other hand, it is Friday, which means weekend! Whoo hoo!


2. I am trying a new approach today: I am not cleaning before the Lego meeting. I WILL vaccuum the floors, but nothing else. Why bother? I can tidy up after the herd of boys leaves.

3. The Vatican has announced John Paul II will be beatified on May 1, 2011! Viva la Papa! This man did more for the young people of his day than many realize. After the misunderstanding of what Vatican II meant and the poor implementation of the changes it brought, the Church was brought to a state of identity crisis. For those in the Church of my generation, the JPII generation, well...who knows where we would be now without his influence!  He truly shepherded us. He called us by name, proclaiming that we were the future of the church. It was time for us to wake up and become the people of God we were meant to be. He made it clear that our very youth was our advantage, and he fanned the flames of enthusiasm under us so that we became eager to embrace the glory of the heritage of faith that was ours. I think of his words to the crowds at World Youth Day in 1993 - "I say to you....good morning!" He repeated it over and over until he woke the crowd up (difficult, as we had spent the night on the freezing plains of the meeting area). He did not rest until our response was no longer automatic, but a thoughtful, joyful ringing out of the day's glorious beginning.

4. My house smells like poop. The Mad Toddler. I can't wait until he is fully potty-trained.

5. The snow is finally disappearing. It has taken a while this time. We went about four days below freezing in my area, which is a tad unusual.

6. I swore to myself that I would not yell at the Young Adult today, but have already had to scream his name three times. He just does not get "boundaries"!

1 comment:

gmn said...

I am so out of the loop - so excited to hear of Pope John Paul II's beatification. Sounds like you have had more snow than we have this winter!