Monday, January 10, 2011

Bad Writing Night

Since I promised myself to really get back to writing once the new year began, I thought tonight would make a good beginning.
I have two pieces of paper on my wall above the computer. One lists three fiction pieces I want to work on and the other lists three non-fictions pieces to work on.
I chose non-fiction tonight. I thought it would be good to start small and work on a little piece for the religious ed classroom.

Hah!

Nothin', baby. I got nothin'.

And there is nothing scarier to a writer when there is nothing coming. You always wonder, "Is that it? Did I do all I am capable of doing? Maybe I am not really a writer. Maybe I am just a dabbler and it has all dried up...forever."

Everything I started to write sounded so trivial. Drivel.

Now it is just past 11pm, and I need to get to bed so I can handle the day with the boys tomorrow with some amount of dignity.

No comments: