Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Food Fight

"...the people complained against God and Moses,
"Why have you brought us up from Egypt to die in this desert,
where there is no food or water?
We are disgusted with this wretched food!"

I confess I had to do a double-take when I read the 1st reading from the book of Numbers today. I had NO idea the Monkey could quote scripture at the age of three.

'Cause I am pretty sure he says this every dinner time.

Few three-year-olds are adventurous eaters, so pickyness is not surprising. However, the Monkey is the worst of all my children. His palette is, shall we say, limited.

Chicken nuggets - yes. But only certain kinds.
Chicken - no.
pasta - no
vegetables - no
applesauce - yes
cereal - yes
string cheese - yes, but only certain brands


You get the idea!

I have a great book on how to get picky eaters to eat with manners, and we are working on it all, but man! Is it tough! Oddly enough, I had to do this with The Young Adult, as well. He was slightly younger, but just as bad. Funny, because now he eats everything. Including the sushi we will get later today.

For now, I do strategic stocking of my pantry, so I will have an arsenal of healthy options for the The Great Stubborn One. Lately, the battle has been going more in my favor. A tad.

Ring the dinner bell - time for wailing and gnashing of teeth!

No comments: