Sunday, September 1, 2013

A Week of Yummy Eating

It has been two years since I tried the the Everything Meals for a Month book. This is where you buy a whole warehouse-load of food, cook all day, and then have enough food to pretty much last you for a month.






I did it once, two years ago. We loved the meals. But, I never made the time to do a month's worth of cooking again.

Until two weeks ago, that is.

As our children have gotten older, our family schedule has become crazy-busy. I mean, I was worn out and tired when they were all little, but it was a completely different crazy than now. Now, we are go-go-go, all the time. I don't even like to be busy!

Our dinner time has suffered the most in all this. It is difficult to make dinner when you are not home 3 or 4 nights a week, or only arrive home at 6:30 or 7:00pm. Or, after a full day of teaching and errand running, the last thing I want to do is chop onions or make anything! I just want to eat!

So, it seemed like it was time to do the whole cook-for-a-month thing again.

That doesn 't even count the stuff in the fridge and freezer!


One week ago, I made my list and hit the grocery store. I spent one whole Saturday cooking. I ended up with about 20 meals. I planned a few pizza nights, breakfast-for-dinner nights, and leftover nights to bring the total up to close to 30.

I made (all from the Everything Meals for a Month book):
  • Pizza Fondue (x2)
  • Santa Fe Soup (x2)
  • Apple Glazed Pork Roast (x3)
  • Slow Cooker Lasagna (x3)
  • Turkey Meatballs with Couscous (x2)
  • Burgers  (x2)

Apple Glazed Pork Roast. 2 words: Nom Nom!

Everything has been so delicious! We have been enjoying eating real meals almost every night. The best part is, I don't feel that panic over, "Oh my gosh! I have to feed the family again! What am I going to doooooooo"!

My ice bath to cool things off more quickly. It was so hot, the ice melted instantly!


Now I just have to find time to do this every month!

No comments: